Moroccanoil at the AJE Resort 17/18 Runway
This entry was posted on May 10, 2017.
Effortless, Natural Hair presented by Moroccanoil at the AJE Resort 17/18 Runway.
Quintessential Australian label Aje, launched their Resort 17/18 collection yesterday evening Monday 1st May at the Art Gallery of NSW. Titled, Awelye - the Anmatyerre tribal word for women's ceremonies, the collection will pay homage to the iconic indigenous artist Minnie Pwerle.
Designers Edwina Robinson and Adrian Norris commented, ''We are delighted to be continuing our rela-tionship with Moroccanoil, and are excited to be partnering with them for our Resort 17/18 show. We feel that Moroccanoil perfectly captures the ease and elegance of the Aje girl, with a focus on natural beauty''.
Michele McQuillan, Hair Director for Moroccanoil commented "The inspiration behind the Moroccanoil look for AJE Resort 17/18 is an effortlessly, cool girl. We've created a natural feel with an element of raw-ness that highlights the natural textures of each girl’s hair. Each look uses a base of Moroccanoil core products to enhance the already existing natural wave, creating an individualism to each girl"
Recreate the Look:
1. On dry hair, begin by prepping the hair with the Moroccanoil Original Treatment Oil to create the perfect foundation for styling. Evenly apply 1-2 pumps on clean hair, from mid-lengths to ends.
2. Proceeding with dry hair, spray the Moroccanoil Texture Spray evenly throughout the hair to create a texturized hold. Section the hair in two, the lower section from the occipital bone to the nape. Clip the top section away. Working with the lower section, separate the hair into two parts and braid from the roots to the mid lengths, leaving the ends out. The Moroccanoil Texture Spray is used as a prep spray to provide foundational grip needed for no-slip braids. It gives a texturized hold with a dry, gritty finish for an effortless, undone style.
3. Continuing with the two braids, clamp each of them with a straightening iron and allow them to cool. Once cooled, take the hair out of the braids. This will create a wave in the hair that appears natural with movement and bounce.
4. Let the rest of the hair down to where it naturally falls and make a slightly messy centre parting. Lightly spray the Moroccanoil Dry Shampoo at the roots to refresh the hair. Use the tongs to create a subtle bend throughout the hair, wrapping small sections in alternating directions, all throughout the top section.
5. Lastly, gently emulsify Moroccanoil Moulding Cream with your fingers, and then grab pieces of hair to create a separation of ends for a lived-in look. Finish the look with Moroccanoil Glimmer Shine spray to enhance natural colour and shine.
The finish: natural, wavy, textured hair with the help of Moroccanoil styling products.