Recreate Amber Heard's Messy Pomp with Neuma
This entry was posted on May 7, 2016.
Love Amber Heard's hair from The Golden Globe Awards? We do! Neuma designer, Jin Bang, walks you through getting Amber's look with a little help from Neuma.
- Know what kind of hair you are working with. Amber Heard has medium texture with a little frizz and wave which makes the perfect texture for this updo.
- On wet hair, use neuStyling mousse on roots only, around front hairline and top/round of the head. Then use neuVolume blow out mist from mid shaft to ends. Combine neuStyling smoothing cream with four drops of neuRepair argan oil, apply cocktail mixture for moisture and hair density expansion on ends as well. Then blow dry hair.
- Using a 1 inch to 1.5 inch Marcel curing iron, spray neuControl medium spray from roots to ends. Then curl hair. Set with flat pins using classing perm sections.
- Once hair is all pinned up, let hair sit in pin curl set until hair cools off.
- Using the art of a 'visual tease', start at hair line and tease with strong volume. As you work back to the top of the hair line at the bottom, use less volume.
- Use a hair tie or rubber band, section off the back of hair and make a loose bun leaving ends of hair frazzled and out for a soft, loose effect. Connect all parts of the hair, starting with mid to low areas near front of hair line, connecting front hair line last. Use French pins only, not english pins, so connections are soft and natural.
- After hair is in place, spray neuControl hairspray (non-aerosole) or neuControl firm. Finish with neuSmooth illuminating mist for shine.
Stock Neuma in Your Salon
Neuma is distributed in Australia exclusively by Haircare Australia. To find out more about stocking Neuma in your salon, call us on 1300 437 436 or fill out our contact form.